Numont’s aim is to provide a learning environment where all pupils are happy, confident and secure; and where each child acquires knowledge, skills and understanding, to the very best of his/her ability, in an atmosphere which fosters concern for others and a sense of self worth.
1 – CURRICULUM
- by planning programmes of work which encourage continuity, progression and success in children’s learning
- by timetabling effectively to give appropriate time and emphasis to each area of the curriculum.
2 – ATTAINMENT
- by having regular, consistent and effective assessment of attainment and appropriate Learning Support input
- by encouraging personal responsibility for learning, independent thinking and active involvement in learning.
3 – LEARNING AND TEACHING
- by using a variety of teaching methods to encourage children to learn in different ways
- by using suitable and appropriate resources , including homework
- by having well presented and regularly changed displays of children’s work, which help to create a stimulating environment.
4 – SUPPORT FOR LEARNING
- by monitoring progress to enable the early identification of individual needs
- by having effective liaison with external agencies.
5 – ETHOS
- by having high expectations of positive behaviour, regular attendance and co-operation with our policy on school uniform
- by working co-operatively with home
- by promoting partnership with parents and establishing good links with the wider community.
6 – RESOURCES
- by having effective management of finance, including consultation with staff, to ensure that there are sufficient and appropriate resources available in school
- by having effective procedures in place to ensure that resources are easily accessible and well managed.
7 – MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- by developing the skills and professionalism of staff using the expertise of the team as well as a structured programme of continuous professional development
- by involving staff, children, parents and community in the school development planning process.